Friday, October 29, 2010

Sugar

Here's a trickery that's really sweet.......thanks to my cousin, Fay, in Jersey....

I worked for a company that had a silo in back and every three or four days we received a shipment of Domino sugar (40,000 lbs. per shipment).  With each delivery, the driver would bring in a sample for me to test before he pumped it into the silo.  During our conversation I asked him about the sugar factory where he worked and he told me that they supply all the store-brand sugar for stores such as Acme, Super Fresh, ShopRite, etc.  He said all they do is get the bags for each store and fill them, just as they did for Domino - same sugar - different brand, different bag.  So don't waste your money  buying the name brand when all the sugar comes from the same factory.

No comments:

Post a Comment