Wednesday, November 3, 2010

LOW-CARB PASTA????

Not to long ago my son-in-law, Ron, was diagnosed with diabetes. Along with his strict low-fat orders we again had to alter our menus, it was getting difficult. Then I saw a product called Dreamfields. They claimed to be a low-carb pasta. Was that possible? I imagined it tasted like s___, but I thought I'd give it a go.
I had 1.00 off coupons downloaded from their website and Smiths did carry it.
Last night I cooked it up. I didn't add the normal red sauce you would usually put on pasta because I wanted to judge the real “taste” of the noodle. I just cooked up some veggies, (mushrooms, broccoli, squash etc.) and tossed it all together. Well let me tell you, I was one surprised mama! This stuff was better tasting than even homemade pasta!
I don't know how they do it but it only has 5g of carbs per serving, about one cup. Ron was able to finally eat his full for the first time in weeks! The girls loved it too.
So if you have diabetes or are trying to lose weight this is a great way to go! Just go to their website http://www.dreamfieldsfoods.com/ where you can get a 1.00 off coupon. That makes the price 1.99 for one 13.25 oz box which fed 4 ½ people last night.
And one more added bonus it's made in the USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment